9 December 2009
Win a Bicycle with Cycle Chic and Velorbis in Copenhagen!
Cycle Chic is pleased to announce that we've teamed up with Danish bicycle brand Velorbis for a Climate Conference Gorgeousness Competition.
We figured that since the whole world is in our fine city at the moment, we'd offer our guests the chance to win an iconic, Danish Design, upright bicycle. What better way to remember our cycling city than by winning a red Velorbis Studine bicycle and taking it home with you.
The competition starts today, December 9th, 2009 and entries will be accepted until midnight on Monday, December 14th, 2009. The winner will be announced at 09:00 CET on Tuesday, December 15th, 2009.
It's open to guests to Copenhagen who are in town at the moment for the UN Climate Conference. Participants must answer a question and the best answer will win the bicycle.
In 25 words or less, please answer this question:
"How will you personally commit to a better environment IN STYLE, with this bicycle if you win it?"
Entries are submitted to this blog post in the comments section - see farther down. All entries must include at least a first name and a hometown. If you don't want to write more than that when entering, fine, but if you win we'll want your name and photo on the blog!
We like original, funny, ironic, witty, by the way, but we're wide open to everything else.
Here's what you can win:
It's a red Velorbis 'Studine' [the Danish word for female student], fresh from the factory in Germany. You only win the bicycle, not the Danish Bicycle Ambassador and Cycle Chic chap in the photo. Fortunately for you. Seriously. He's high-maintenence. Be pleased you just get the damned bicycle.
For more information about the Velorbis Studine, check out Velorbis' website right here.
The Velorbis Studine has a retail price in Denmark of 4699 kroner and in the USA of $1295. So THAT'S cool.
In addition, and as a nod of respect to that other cycling nation, the Netherlands, you'll get Basil pannier bags - Blossom Twig style. They'll match your red Studine perfectly.
- The competition is aimed at foreign guests who are currently in Copenhagen for the Climate Conference. If you're not in Copenhagen and/or if you don't know what the climate conference is, you probably shouldn't enter.
- Cycle Chic decides the winner of the competition. The answer that best appeals to us and that best includes the cycle chic lifestyle will win. Total and utter personal taste on our part.
- The bicycle you'll win is the exact one in the photo with Mikael, above. As is, baby.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 15 December 2009. It is up to the participants to check the blog to see if they won and to contact Cycle Chic using the information that will be provided on the day here on the blog.
- Cycle Chic will arrange with the winner a time - during the day between December 15th and December 17th - to pick up the bicycle, take photos and all that.
- Once Cycle Chic hands over the bicycle, what the winner does with it is up to them. Shipping it home or taking it on the plane/train as baggage? That's up to you how and where and when and how much. As soon as you get the bike, it's your bike. Period. No, Cycle Chic or Velorbis we won't help you pay for getting it home.
- Entries that are not 25 words or less will be disqualified.
- Who knows... we may add stuff here if we think it up.
Blah blah blah... Get writing! May the best 25 words or less win!